As the glistening ball begins its descent and the countdown is officially underway, many of us will give thought to our New Year resolutions.
Make one of them to complete this Car Maintenance Checklist.
- Check tire pressure often. Refill when necessary.
- Check wiper fluid weekly to be sure it is full. Refill when necessary.
- Check coolant level regularly. Refill when necessary.
- Check automatic transmission fluid periodically. Refill when necessary.
- Change oil every three to six months or 30,000 miles.
- Check power-steering fluid level with each oil change. Refilled when necessary.
- Rotate tires every six months or 6,000 miles.
- Replace windshield wipers every six months to a year.
- Replace air filter annually or every 12,000 miles.
- Replace coolant every two years or 24,000 miles.
- Replace fuel filter every two years or 24,000 miles.
- Replace automatic transmission fluid and filter every two years or 24,000 miles.
- Change brake fluid every two years or 24,000 miles.
- Replace engine belt every three years or 36,000 miles.
- Replace battery every three to five years.
- Replace power-steering fluid every three years or 50,000 miles.
- Replace timing belt every four to five years or 60,000 to 90,000 miles.
- Replace spark plugs every two to six years or 30,000 to 100,000 miles.
- Replace tires every six to ten years.
If you are unsure when your vehicle is due for or in need of a particular service, schedule an appointment with Tom Naquin Certified Service.